Wednesday, April 12, 2017

GUEST POST FROM JERSEY BEAT PUBLISHER JIM TESTA

I've been trying to eat vegetarian as much as possible. I love doing stir fries and quiches, great way to use up leftover veggies and it's fun to work with different flavor combinations. But my favorite recipe is my pantry burritos.

I made these because I had half a can of leftover vegetarian baked beans. I mixed the beans with one package of instant Mexican rice (the pouch you microwave kind) and a bag of shredded Mexican mix cheese. (There are lots of vegan cheeses out there if you dont want to use a milk product.) Microwave the rice, warm the beans, and toss everything together in a bowl. Then stuff burrito size flour tortiallas with the mixture. Brown them gently in a frying pan to crisp the tortilla (it also melts the cheese and helps them stick together) then top with a jarred salsa or mole sauce. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment